Monday, December 15, 2008

Roller Coaster

I feel like I'm riding the proverbial emotional roller coaster these days, and it very often is that harrowing straight drop where you scream uncontrollably and think you might die. Those nice little zipping up and down short hills parts that I love so much on real roller coasters are strangely missing from my life right now.

Believe it or not, the house looks even worse than before the plumbers pilaged it. The thing is that now, even with entire pieces of sheet rock missing (as in whole sheets gone), I do think we're making progress. Still, I cry and wonder how we're going to pay for all this. I wonder what kind of Christmas we're going to have this year (and how am I going to pay for gifts, minimal as they may be). Husband and I always manage to land on our feet, so I have to believe that will be the case with this, too.

Daughter's mid term exams start tomorrow. I'm so proud of the effort she's put into studying. She even passed up a chance to go to Moe's with friends today and instead opted to come home and study. That's out of character but appreciated. I know she'll be ready to see Christmas break come. I just hope that the house is in decent enough shape for all of us to enjoy break and get some much needed rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger choo choo knits said...

I'm keeping you in my thoughts - chin up...gifts from the stash? Even if they're a wee bit late I'm sure folks will understand!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Hang in there! It has to be crazy with the house.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home