Saturday, November 08, 2008

Coming Up For Air

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged. In the past 4 weeks, I've been out of town on business for three of those weeks. I'm finally home for a while with probably nothing more than a day trip or overnight here and there until March. That's good, because while I'm loving my job, I'm also very tired.

We are now shepherds having brought home two 6 month old Shetlands from SAFF. I didn't know we were getting sheep, nor did I know they joined the family until almost a week after they arrived. See, I flew from Asheville to Raleigh the Sunday of SAFF and didn't get home again until late on the Thursday after. It wasn't until the Friday after SAFF that I found out we had sheep!! In the left side of the photo is Rebel, a little ram, and on the right is Peppermint Patty, a little ewe.



Let's see....after SAFF came Halloween. Daughter and her boyfriend went out begging candy dressed as the devil and the grim reaper. They were cute and had a great time. Did you know the devil wears Converse?



And....after Halloween, came election day. I waited in line for 2 hours to vote and would not have missed the experience for anything in the world. I am thrilled at the outcome of the election and very glad to see that America has come to her senses!

Now, I'm home for a while, exhausted beyond belief, but happy and still loving the new job. I'm looking forward to settling into a more even routine at work and not having all the meetings. Most likely, I'm home until sometime in March when I have a team meeting, hopefully in Puerto Rico!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

The sheeps are cute! Love the colors. Think of the pretty fleeces!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful of the wee ramling if he's still intact... they can get "rambunctious" once it turns cool! I've had to separate several of mine because they're fighting (some of them with the fence not other rams!!)

Lovely colors! We're breeding 12 ewes this season so we could potentially have 24 new babies! I'm betting on less as a couple of my girls always have singlets. I'm hoping for a white lamb this time (we're using a new ram that's white or at the very least an extremely pale fawn).

I also can send you the name of the guy who shears for us (we have a couple different ones) if you need it.

Good luck with the sheep!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

How cool is that!!!! The Shetland Sheep were Patrick favorites. They were so adorable.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Sheepies!! What a surprise I bet! DD looks cute, gotta love Converse! Glad the job is going well.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

You all are creating your own little animal farm. What great colors. Who will do the shearing?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

If I still lived in the US it would have been the first election where I actually voted for the winner.

Sheep? Sounds like fun.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home