Friday, October 03, 2008

Just Call Me Cinderella

I've been on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor in my office today. I wish I had little singing wildlife critters and birds to help me out the way Cinderella did. The floor looks great, thanks to elbow grease, a teflon scrubby, and good old Murphy's Oil Soap. I scrubbed years of grime off that floor, and it is gleaming now.

Slowly, I'm moving furniture back into the room. My old poor excuse for a desk is in there, because I had to have some place to put the new computer equipment. I'll wait until tomorrow to get husband to help me lug the big ass file cabinet and book shelf back in. My goal is to have things back in the room and the house cleaned before my flight to training. I sure don't have much time, so perhaps not sleeping is in order for the next 24 hours.

We're going to see a marching band half time show tonight--two shows if we are lucky. Common folk call it a football game, but being a former band geek myself, I know that it's really all about the band. And that big hunk of grass out there, it's a marching band field. The band is just nice enough to let the jocks run around on it tossing a football and feeling all important! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ceci said...

Hi Donna! Thanks for your comment on my blog. :) Yeah, my big girl Reese is just fine! I don't know if she actually swallowed any wire. Hopefully, she's been a chewer for so long that she knows what to swallow and what not!

What a ugly chore, scrubbing the floor -- you're a brave woman. Good luck with your new work!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I love the smell of Murphy's oil Soap.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home