Sunday, March 08, 2009

Meet Fluffy

Daughter and I drove down to see my mom yesterday for her birthday--65 years old! We had a nice time visiting. Both my grandmothers as well as my brother and several aunts, uncles, and cousins all live in the same town where I grew up, so I got to see several people.

A kitty had wandered up to my grandma's house, and my grandma wasn't able to keep it. She is elderly, already has one cat, and just cannot take on another pet. So, it was either we take Fluffy, or she has to go to the pound. What do you think happened?

Meet the newest addition to our family:



She wasn't too anxious to have a photo shoot just yet. Fluffy is still busy exploring the house and having hissing contests with Mocha and Socks.

However, Fluffy, thinks the upstairs belongs to her. Here she is having a snooze in the bed:



Fluffy has been living outside for a few weeks now, and it's pretty obvious she's not an outdoor cat. She's a little dirty, but husband doesn't want me to traumatize her with a bath until she's feeling more comfortable in our house. We do have a little vet visit to take, and that's going to be traumatic enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OF COURSE you brought her home with you! She's beautiful! That black tail looks so funny on her white body. She looks like she might be a bit spoiled already!

2:25 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Fluffy is a perfect name! What a cutie!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful cat! She looks not unlike Amie's new kitten (RosebyAny) with the white body with colored head and tail... can't remember the breed right off.. but regardless very lovely! I hope she settles in soon! We have 3 cats in the house... 2 of them tolerate each other and the third lives in a different part of the house where the other two don't go. It's a hiss-fest if they are all together!!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home