Thursday, December 02, 2004

To Pom, or Not to Pom

I finished nephew 1's hat last night. It turned out cute. The question now is do I top it with a pom pom or not. I'm leaning towards doing it, but husband says no. Hmmm...I think I'll try it, and if it looks freaky, I can take it off. A four year old won't fuss too much about a pom pom, I don't think.

One hat down, and three more hats to go. I'm going to cast on for one of the girls' hats tonight. I'm using a bulky yarn and just doing a roll brim hat. I should be able to knock that out in a day or two.

Daughter and I have been invited to a Chinese Gift Exchange party. I have an idea of what that is, but I've never really been to one. We have to find a gift that costs $10 or less and is suitable for an 11-12 year old girl. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm with you - don't think a 4 yr. old will care one way or the other.

I haven't a clue about the present for a 11-12 yr. old girl. It's been awhile since I have been around one for any length of time and have gotten woefully behind on the "what's cool" side.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Although having just spent 3 weeks with a 12 yr old Grand daughter, I still won't claim to "know". But I'd bet a CD would always be a hit.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Pom - Pom of course. If he hates it he will say and you could always ask when you gift it. They outgrow and are vocal soon enough with their choices.
11-12 yr old girl, music is always a plus. Also I recently saw an oriental writing kit for $10 at Borders that both my 12 yr old friends daughters (say that fast) found wonderful. Books, and journals are good at that age also. Or make up a knitting kit -- of course that does depend on the recipient. Enjoy.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home