Monday, March 28, 2005

Some Serious and Some Not So Serious

Long time no post! What can I say? Life's been busy, and I've been using my free time to knit rather than talk about knitting.

Let's start with the serious, because I don't want to end a post on a sad note. Terri Schiavo. If this is not argument enough for you to go out and get yourself a living will, then I don't know what is. I personally DO NOT want the government deciding my fate should I ever find myself in Terri's condition, nor do I want my family torn apart the way it appears Terri's is. My husband knows my wishes, and you can bet your bottom dollar I'm making certain those wishes are legally documented. That's it. That's the serious. I won't get into what I think about this case at all. I just wish peace for Terri and her family--her parents as well as her husband.

Now for the not so serious...we had a great "National Eat All the Chocolate You Can Day" (aka Easter) yesterday. The weather was bad--thunderstorms and rain all day--so we stayed inside and relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. Who can ask for more?

Are you familiar with Zoppini Italian charm bracelets? Daughter got one from us, and my gosh is it hard to get those charms on or what?? Poor husband struggled with the thing for a while but finally got her charms on. Bless his heart, but I went out and got myself a bracelet and charms today and daughter got more charms, too. Poor husband. Does anyone know an easy way to get the charms on??

In knitting news, we've become novelty scarf making machines. Geez!! I hate that stuff. We're trying to make up a good selection (using stash yarn) for the Art Fair that is in just a couple of weeks!!! I knit a bit with novelty and then have to have "real yarn therapy" in the form of an hour or two of knitting with natural fiber. The Wavy scarf is coming along nicely. I'm in the home stretch with it now. It measured 44 inches long last night--the pattern recommends 55 inches. I have spliced the last skein of Kureyon that I plan to use and we'll see what I get from there. I have an addition skein, but I'd like to reserve it for a hat. I'm using a modified spit splice, because the thought of spitting on yarn and splicing it disgusts me!!! I dampen the yarn and my hands with a bit of warm tap water, fray the ends of the yarn slightly, and just rub briskly between my palms until the ends felt together. You can't even tell where my splices are.

I know I owe you guys pictures. Be patient a little bit longer, and I'll see what I can do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I do a modified splice too. I use a little spray bottle filled with water. The whole spit thing grosses me out, and I had a spare bottle, and I splice my little heart out!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I never have been able to get my splices to "take", no matter what kind of water I use. I must not be living right ......

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home