Wednesday, March 16, 2005

You Are Dismissed

I've had to call in every evening this week to see if I had to report to Jury Duty. Tonight, the message was "if your name and number are not called, you are dismissed from this term of Jury Duty." Lucky me! Free at last, free at last! It wasn't so bad, really, and I would not have minded going. The thought of the great unknown was not fun, this being my first time ever to be called for Jury Duty.

I've made great progress on the Wavy scarf. I have run out of yarn, and have to pick up more this weekend. I believe I've developed a serious Noro addiction. This can't be good!! :-)

I recently got a little bonus at work, and I treated myself to a new toy, or set of toys! I bought a set of Plymouth Sisters circular needles. This is an interchangeable circular needle set with tips from US size 5-10 and cables that screw into the tips to make 16 to 40 inch needles. I love Plymouth needles, so this set was right up my alley. They are so compact, too! The case is about the size of a check book. I bought the Denise Interchangeable set when I learned to knit, and I've been completely dissatisfied with them. I know some people adore them, but I'm not one of those people.

According to Knitpicks, they've FINALLY shipped my Scarf Styles book--a mere 6 weeks after I ordered it. The web site also says they've shipped ONE skein of the four I ordered in a cranberry color. Hmmm....exactly how are they going to match dye lots if they ship yarn in bits and pieces? I may just need to call them about this. This is my second order from Knitpicks, and at the moment I am less than thrilled with them. The delay of over a month in shipping one item (because it was backordered and I wasn't notified until the order processed) and going on two months (the remaining yarn isn't set to come until mid-April--again, no notice until after the order processed) just is not good. I really would hate to write off Knitpicks. I'll give them one more chance, but they are close to losing me as a customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home