Friday, March 18, 2005

Fridays Are My Favorite Day

I do love Fridays. Today, I'm taking a sick day, so that makes it a better Friday in some respects. The down side is that I really am sick with some sort of sinus type thing. We're beach bound this afternoon, though, and there is nothing like time near the ocean to make a girl feel better.

Someone asked if Noro really is all that. Well, the Kureyon isn't very soft, but the colors are lucsious! It's a bit addictive to knit with, because you sit there entranced by the colors coming off your needles. Kureyon leaves you wanting more, and more, and more. That's why I'm hitting Wild Fibre this weekend to pick up more yarn!

I started tier 5 of the Market Squares Bag last night. The color is a purple/lavendar, and it is gorgeous. This pattern is rated Intermediate +, and that intimidated me at first. However, I'm finding it to be fairly easy. It works up fast, too.

Amanda was so kind as to send me a $5 gift certificate for Adagio Teas. Thanks, Amanda! I ordered some yummy things last night including some peppermint tea. Mmm mmm.

I've heard that if I mention the latest knitting and crocheting craze on my blog, it will generate lots of hits. What's the latest craze, you ask? Martha Stewart Poncho, Martha Stewart Poncho, Martha Stewart Poncho. Will I be making one? No way! This overly pleasingly plump body would look like it was wearing a circus tent if I tried to put a poncho on it! If you want to see a lovely poncho, though, Vera has posted on her blog a photo of one that she made. Vera also has doily mania and is tempting me to pick up the crochet hook again after a very long hiatus! Check out the lovelies she's made.

That's about it for now. Have a great weekend. I'll try to get some photos together for a Sunday night or Monday morning post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Thanks for the shout out. I wore the poncho to work, and my husband likes it.

I'm having fun with the doilies. I have to be in the mood to make them, but it's cool creating things with tink hooks and thread

6:52 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

oophs, I meant TINY hooks and thread.

6:53 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'm using Kureyon for the first time in a fair isle bag. Your right, it isn't very soft. I certainly wouldn't want it for a sweater.

Have a nice weekend,
Amy

8:42 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Donna,

Don't knock the Kureyon too hard. I've used it for years and it changes character when washed. I thought the same thing at first when I was knitting the sweaters for my nieces. They are gorgeous. It's a great felting yarn and the colors stay vivid!!!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home