Sunday, April 10, 2005

All Good Things Must Come to an End

All good things must indeed come to an end, but it really sucks when the good thing in question is a vacation at the beach! After nine GLORIOUS days on HHI, it was time to return to reality.

The best part about vacation was finally getting to meet Carolyn!! She's a wonderful person, and we had a lot of fun together.

I did a fair amount of knitting during vacation, too. I have completed 5 Noro one skein hats. The pattern was purchased from an e-bay seller, and I'll try to post her name as well as photos of my completed hats later this week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh Donna, it was special getting to meet you and Donald and Emily, too!! It felt like we had been great friends for a long time. I know how you feel about having to leave the beach - I've had those same feelings many times before. It doesn't happen that much now since I live "just around the corner" from one. Funny thing is, though, living this close, I rarely get over to the beach. Keep me posted on your next visit to Savannah, and I will try to arrange my schedule accordingly - I can't wait to see the Noro one skein hats you will post. Another idea for your craft fair next week - have you thought of making those fnacy flip flops with novelty yarn? They are so cute and only take about an hour to make - and take very little yarn. I can see them selling like hotcakes!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

hmph... I meant fancy, not fnacy (although it's not such a bad word if I could think of a definition for it).

11:11 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I've heard that Hilton Head is beautiful. Sounds like you, your family, and friend had a wonderful time.

Have a great day,
Amy

7:16 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

Did you get the Noro hat patterns from Fun Knits? I made three of them , and they are fun and easy to make.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home