Sunday, May 01, 2005

Happy May Day

How in the world did it get to be May already?? I'm not really complaining, mind you. If time will go quickly, that just means we get to move into our new house faster!! Ha ha!! I just cannot believe that the school year is almost over. It ends June 3. We're already making plans for daughter for the summer. She'll attend a couple of volleyball camps, possibly a drawing or other art class, and maybe a sewing class. I don't want her to sit home bored all summer long, and I doubt she'd like the kind of "entertainment" that I can offer--cleaning and such.

Daughter went to see a live performance of The Sound of Music last night with her middle school chorus. The kids were so cute all dressed up in their "going out" clothes. I think they all had a wonderful time, too. Daughter was most thrilled to meet and get an autograph from Kym Karath who played Gretl von Trapp in the 1965 movie.

There are no knitting progress photos to share, because I don't really have any projects going at the moment. Can you believe it? I did cast on last night for the second of the Little Shells socks for daughter. I finished the first so long ago now! It is an adjustment to get used to US size 2 needles and sock yarn after working with worsted weight and bigger for the past few months. The Market Squares bag is just sitting for the moment. I'm just not in the mood for it right now, so it will have to wait a bit for me to regain interest. I have a lot of money invested in that one, and I will definitely finish it!

We are thinking of some sewing projects for daughter, and in fact, we picked up supplies yesterday. One project is turning a pair of jeans into a purse. Another is making a sun dress for her. We purchased an easy pattern and material yesterday. I thought today would be sewing day, but instead, daughter is outside working in the yards with her dad.

Daughter found some little residents in our back yard today--a box turtle and some sort of land snail with a large brown shell. We have all sorts of critters around here, and I'm glad she found these nice things rather than the snakes that I know are here. I hope we have nice critters at our new place.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

That new house is just around the corner! It's so nice to have something to look forward to.

Have a great May Day,
Amy

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Sound of Music. Sounds like your DD had a wonderful time.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home