Monday, September 12, 2005

Something Good

I'm tired of reading about tragedy and anniversaries of tragedy everywhere I turn. The computer and blogs are my escape from reality, so I fully intend to do my part to help my readers escape from reality here. Today's entire post will be about "something good."

My first something good is that we should have a contract on our house by tomorrow. We've only had it on the market for a week. Wish us luck that this is indeed the right buyer and that the sale goes off without a hitch!

Next, my mail woman has been delivering goodies! Here are photos of the contents of my Cherry Tree Hill grab bag.


First we have a collection of possum merino wool, and second are two skeins of worsted weight potluck yarn.

Our family attended a Dye Day with the local fiber guild yesterday. It was fun. I've never seen anyone do fiber dyeing in an electric skillet before. I actually think that looks like a better method than the stock pots we are using. I'll be hitting Goodwill in search of an old electric skillet! Here are photos of some of the results of the dyeing adventures.


First we have skeins and roving dyed with commercial dyes (Gaywool, I think.) The second skein from the left is Daughter's. Isn't it pretty? Next are some naturally dyed skeins that were spun and dyed by a lady in the group. I'm not sure what all the dyes are that she used, but the purple is my favorite!

Final "something good" for the day is that there is a new yarn shop opening here!! I can't wait to check the place out. It will likely be a small shop from the looks of the building. We cruised by the strip mall where it will be. Small shop is better than none! Small shops can grow, too! The shop should open within the next week or so.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Thank you for the happy fibery news. It made me smile.

Amy

8:52 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

We definitely can use great news! Wonderful about your house. And the dyeing looks great, as does Em's skein. I think the purple must be some variation of cochineal. DH bought me some of that, by the way, but I don't have any mordants yet, so I can't play :(

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home