Thursday, September 08, 2005

We Have Furniture

Our living room furniture has finally arrived. It only took about 6 weeks which isn't too long for a special order, I don't think.

Here's one of the chairs. We have two identical chairs. Believe it or not, these are recliners! I love the ball and claw foot.


Here's our sofa. We ordered this based only on a picture on the internet, and it's exactly what we wanted. We chose the fabric to coordinate with a burgandy in the chair fabric. The gold pattern also goes well with our drapes and the gold tones in the hardwood floors. I'm going to need to trim up the no slip pads on the legs of the sofa so that they won't show!



We found this bed in the clearance room at the furniture store and could not pass it up!


This is our guest room. I found the quilt at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We still need to paint this room, buy a chest of drawers to match the bed, and replace the window treatments. By the way, the teddy on the bed was a gift from my husband (then boy friend!) when we were just 19 years old. She's wearing a baby outfit that was mine.

In fibery news, I've almost completed a pair of socks for husband in Wildefoot. This particular yarn is not tightly spun and is sort of a barber pole effect yarn. I hate it!!! It splits like mad. I'll be glad to finish off these socks. My SP4 sent me some Wildefoot that is much better looking and seems to be spun tighter. I think it will be wonderful yarn.

I've received the Queen Kahuna Crazy Toes and Heels book but have not had time to try her methods. Hopefully this weekend will bring some free time.

I have some blocking to do--an airy scarf from Scarf Style and my Branching Out from Knitty. I'm not sure when I'll get around to that. I'd thought briefly of entering Branching Out in the fair, but I really don't think it's worth the trouble.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The furniture looks great! I especially love the sleigh bed! It looks so cosy.

11:46 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Nice furniture. It looks like your house is turning into a home.

Amy

12:31 PM  
Blogger Amy Boogie said...

Gorgeous furniture. We're furniture shopping right now and I'd gladly wait 6 weeks if we could just find something we like.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Gorgeous!! But I would think so. Those are the colors we have in our house, we have a coffee table that would match your clawfooted chairs and we have a sleigh bed, too!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Your sleigh bed looks very much like mine! Mine is a century-old antique that my mother bought when she was in her 20's. It's a 3/4 bed, which is a challenge to buy linens for, and it's only 6' long, so my feet hit the foot board when I slip down a bit in bed, but I still love it! Enjoy yours, and here's hoping it stays in your family for a century!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home