Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Warning....Major Whining Ahead

I am so effing tired that I really just do not care about posting to the blog or really doing much of anything else these days. I must have been running on pure adrenaline getting ready for my work meeting and getting through that. I'd hoped for some down time once it was over, but work has been busier and more stressful than ever. Come hell or high water, I'm taking Friday afternoon off and hopefully the whole day the following Friday. It's either do that or die at my desk!! I am not SuperWoman, and I'm really sick and tired of trying to be.

There will be no pictures on this blog until I make it to the store to buy a new card reader. Our old one has decided to choke every time we ask it to open the 512 MB camera card. That's OK. I don't much feel like taking pictures anyway.

I've not touched my spinning wheel since we moved into this house back in June. There's been no time. I have a fiber sample from NoNoKitty that I need to spin up and report back to her on. I'll eventually get to that.

I finished the Regia socks for daughter. Interestingly enough, I knit the second sock too long and had to rip back and re-work the toe decreases. I'm not sure how I managed that.

I frogged Branching Out last night and started over. I wasn't happy to leave mistakes in it, and it was full of them. Those were bound to show in the blocking! I'm now two repeats along with the pattern and it looks good. For some reason, row three of this pattern gives me problems. I'll have to be really careful not to mess up.

We had a treat here the other night. The mother dear and her two babies were in the yard. We drove back in the front yard when they were eating, and they ran off into the woods. They soon came back and ate some blueberries and things in the backyard. We watched them for the longest time.

The scuppernongs in the back arbor are really growing and turning golden. We also have some wild grapes in the side yards that are starting to ripen. We'd like to make some jelly with some of them once they are ripe.


Blogger Danielle said...

Donna, please take your time with the sample. I simply will not hear of anyone spinning my fiber while in a rush :). Take care, Danielle

9:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's normal to feel unfocused and tired after a move, even for several months. Your creative energy will come back after you have time to rest up from work pressures and fully settle into your new house.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home