Thursday, August 25, 2005

How Strange is THIS?

Did you know that they make artificial toe nails? Isn't that strange?? I'm talking the fake press on toe nails similar to fake finger nails. Maybe I've been living under a rock or something, but I had no idea women were walking around with plastic nails glued to their toes. I've seen them with their prettily French manicured toe nails and thought perhaps they were just blessed with nice nails. I really can't see me gluing fake nails to either my fingers or toes, but hey, to each her own!

I did a bit of shopping last night for my Knitty SP 5. It was fun, and of course I threw a couple of items for myself into the basket. I don't think I was the best SP 4--too much going on with work and the house move--so I'm determined to be more attentive this round.

Speaking of my SP, I am working on a little something for her. Don't expect a picture, as I don't want her to guess who I am. Likely, she knows already (and the round hasn't officially even started!) as I had a little G Mail glitch this week which probably exposed me! As for this little something, let's just say that I've never worked with this yarn or anything of this gauge before. It's interesting. The pattern is not challenging, but the yarn is!! And that's all I have to say about that.

We're experiencing cooler temperatures here in Georgia-lina. Husband and I walked outside last night and there was almost a nip in the air. It was muggy, though, because we'd had a heavy rain in the afternoon. The day time highs have been around 88 this week with lows around 66 at night. There's been a breeze blowing, and the trees are dropping some leaves. Can it be that fall is around the corner? I sure hope so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh, that is too funny! And I think I must have seen some the other day on someone. Either that, or they had acrylic toenails done professionally. IMHO, what a waste of good money!

3:29 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

While having a good 'ol fashioned pedicure, I've seen someone have fake toenails put on. I think it's weird!

Could you send some of that cooler weather my way???

Amy

3:54 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It sounds like your weather isn't that much worse than ours for this time of year. Though, at the moment, we're in a nice little spell of "Resort Weather," not too humid, daytime highs in the 80s and overnight lows around 60.

Fake toenails?!? Whatever will they think of next? As you say, whatever floats their boats...

10:04 AM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

Fake toenails? I can't even imagine wanting those- I could probably climb trees with mine if I weren't careful to keep them trimmed.

They make as much sense to me as those undies with the butt padding I saw in a magazine once ;)

Cooler weather wanted here too-
Amy

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home