Sunday, July 24, 2005

Feeling Blue

The artist is feeling blue today...

Here are the blue things going on in my life. Here are photos of my latest dish rags. The first is a feather and fan and the second is a basketweave that I decided to do with the leftover yarn. I don't have enough to finish the second cloth, so I'll have to pick up another ball of yarn this afternoon. I'm using Peaches and Cream in Faded Denim.



Other blue things going on today are blueberries! Here is the patch in our back yard:

It has been producing like crazy this summer. We only picked part of the patch this morning and got these:

By tonight, these berries should be jam! Yum!!

When Wal Mart opens this afternoon, I'm going out to buy a canning pot and some Sure Jel. That reminds me of another blue thing! Blue Laws. SC is so far behind the times that we still have Blue Laws enforced here. That means that stores (except grocery) don't open until 1:30 in the afternoon. Even though we have a Super Wal Mart, they don't allow sale of anything that isn't on the grocery store side until 1:30. That stinks! Just across the river in GA, either Blue Laws don't exist, or they are not enforced. I wish SC would come into the 21st century, but I don't see it happening! Oh well....at least I have my nice blueberries and nice blue dish rags!

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

You have the good kind of blues!

Amy

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blueberries look delicious! We're just coming to the end of our blackberry season (there's one group of bushes trying to keep producing so we have a pie every few days). Our blueberries are still in the "establishing" phase so there are only enough blueberries for a nibble!

Shea

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those blue laws! In Spartanburg County we recently had a referendum or something and got rid of them, so we're almost in the 21st century, finally.
Love those dishcloths, too!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Pretty washcloths! And I love blueberry pancakes... Do you ever make them? Jam sounds good, too, though.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I always thought Indiana was strict about its blue laws - can't buy hooch or cars on Sunday - but that sounds like nothing compared to yours!

Blueberries look yummy! You must be at that point I remember from growing up (strawberries): after you've gorged yourself on fresh berries, you have to do SOMETHING with the rest of them!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home