Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

No pictures today! Sorry, but I'm not in a picture taking mood.

I've finished knitting and felting a pair of mittens for a friend of daughter's. No, this was not Christmas knitting which I swore off this year. These are just gift mittens with no deadline.

I knitted some mice a few months back with some of my hand spun. I finally got around to hand felting them last night. I need to stuff them, add catnip, and stitch up their bottoms. Santa asked me to make these for the cats, as they have been exceedingly good cats this year.

Christmas eve is my cookie baking time, and true to form, I baked this afternoon! I made a batch of my chocolate chip/coconut/oatmeal/rice crispie cookies. The house smells yummy! I have sugar cookie dough in the fridge and hope to find helpers to bake some cut out cookies.

I would love to have spent the day knitting in my recliner, but firebug husband has the downstairs so fecking hot that we should be walking around in swimsuits! He's developed a passion for our new wood stove, and in spite of the temp being over 60 degrees today, there's a roaring fire going. I cannot bear to be down there, as there is no way to turn down the thermostat on a wood stove. I had to go sit out on the deck to get some relief!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Men sure like fire, huh?

Have a great Christmas!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

The cookies sound yummy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home