Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006--How'd That Happen?

Happy New Year! I cannot believe that another year has passed....I really can't believe that it's already 2006. Seems like only yesterday we were just entering the 21st century.

Yesterday afternoon, we met up with a friend of daughter's and his mom and little brother. The kids wanted to help out the local pet adoption agency, but the adoptions were not being held yesterday. We salvaged the afternoon by going to a Mexican place to munch on nachos and chat. A good time was had by all but the 4 year old!

We did our usual stay home and see in the new year routine last night. We've only been out on New Year's Eve once in our life time. That was way back in 1986 to celebrate our engagement. Neither of us is the party type, and we can't stand the stench of cigarette smoke. That's good enough reason for me to stay home.

Here we are over 8 hours into 2006, and I've not done a fibery thing. Instead, I've spent the day playing with my PDA, loading on photos and MP3s. I'm just at a loss as to what to knit or spin next. I looked for Hip Knit Hats at Borders yesterday but could not find it. Vera's hats are so great looking that I must have a copy of that book!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Happy New Year to you. I went bowling last night, and had lot of fun.

I've made five hats out of that book, and I like them all although it hasn't been hat weather lately.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Happy New Year! I'm sure you'll get the wheel spinning and the needles flying soon. I'm still knitting my last two Christmas presents but I took a break on the 29th and the 30th.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home