Sunday, February 05, 2006

*Yawn* *Stretch*

Is it bed time yet? Nope? Only 8 PM, huh? I guess that cup of coffee after dinner isn't going to kick in! Punch me if I fall asleep.

I finished a spiral rib hat in the Patons Nature Wool. The hat turned out fine, but I'm still not thrilled with the yarn. As I mentioned in a previous post, it looks "worn" when it knits up--fuzzy. I did a cost comparison of the Patons to Wool of the Andes from Knitpick. They are both about 2 cents per yard. Give me the WOTA any day. IMO, it has a nicer texture and looks better in the finished item. I'll try to post a picture of the hat later in the week. I gave it to husband, and he was trying to decide if a spiral rib is really a manly looking hat. Anybody have thoughts on that?

I'm currently working on Li's Herringbone Rib Scarf in Manos variegated yarn. Oh my gosh, is this a gorgeous pattern! Check ot the gallery of completed scarfs. I first spotted the scarf on Beth's blog and knew my Manos had to become that scarf. Li is working out the pattern and hopes to publish it. If you ask nicely, she may share it with you so that you can test it out. I will take photos of my progress later in the week.

I've joined several knitalongs and will try to get the buttons posted soon. Tubey KAL, Team Knitty for the Knitting Olympics, and Team Clapotis, another Knitting Olympics team. Of course, we've not begun any of the Olympic knitting and won't until next Friday. Also, my Tubey is about to take a little wade in the frog pond. I'm just not happy with the yarn join for the second ball, and it has to come out!

I'm about to become a Soccer Mom! The kid who hated playing Y Team soccer as a wee one has decided that she'd like to play on her middle school girls' soccer team. Practice starts tomorrow, so we have her equipped with cleats, shin guards, and the longest socks I've ever seen in my life.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in at Curves and my one month anniversary. I actually have only worked out for 3 weeks, because I was sick for one week. It will be interesting to see if I've made progress. I feel better, and that was my original reason for joining.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Don't be disapointed if you don't see results yet. I went a couple months before I saw anything when I started the gym. I actually have only lost about 5 pounds over 2 years (I wasn't overweight though), but that's because I gained heavier muscle!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home