Tuesday, February 07, 2006

~*~Happy Birthday to Me~*~

Way back on this date in 1965, I was born. And the world has not been the same since!

My birthday present to myself has been a month in the making so far, actually, three weeks if you take into account the week I was sick. Today was my first weigh in at Curves. I've lost 3.25 pounds and 6.25 inches. Not bad! I'm encouraged enough by this to try to fit in an additional workout per week, and I'm working harder at the exercises now that I'm more familiar with the routine. I'd love to go to Curves every day, but with working a full time job and taking care of my family, there just isn't time.

Beverly asked in comments if I'd given up on Tubey. No, not at all. I've just not had time for Tubey lately because this Manos has been taunting me! Tubey will be finished before I cast on for Klaralund, but I still need to complete the scarf I'm currently working on and Clapotis which is my Olympic event.

Li's husband voted against the spiral rib hat. I guess if another man nixes the hat and husband is adamantly against wearing a spiral rib, that's the end of the matter. It's a cute hat, and I'm sure daughter or I will enjoy it. Besides, the bow-knot scarf that it matches is definitely a woman's garment, so now we have a set. See Amie, we got outvoted! :)

I've been loving the Today show this week. Katie Couric is in Italy and has been doing segments on location. She was in Rome yesterday, Florence today, and I think she'll be in Turino tomorrow. I would love to go to Italy one of these days.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Happy Birthday Donna!!!!! I hope you have a great day!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Happy birthday!

And I like the blue hat, but my hubby agrees on the "not manly" opinion.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Happy birthday!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on the Curves update too! I had my weigh in today and got Grrreat news!! Keep up the good work!

2:22 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

Happy Birthday Donna! I hope your day is filled with happiness.

Amy

2:52 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Happy Birthday Donna! Enjoy your day.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Happy Birthday. 1965 - you are but a babe.
Li

10:18 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Happy birthday (a day late)! I hope you had a wonderful day!

The Noro looks great; I'm anxious to see your progress on Klaralund! I had to buy an additional ball, but I think it will be worth it. If I had it to do over, I think I would have made the sleeves a bit narrower to save yarn.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home