Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Birds

Our back yard was filled with birds this morning. We had a pair of woodpeckers. I think they were red headed woodpeckers, but they were too far away for me to get a good look. We also had a flock of red winged black birds, numerous robins, sparrows, doves, blue jays, cardinals, black capped chickadees, titmice, mocking birds, juncos, Carolina wrens, and gold finches. The squirrels were also out in force frolicking around. They seemed to take particular joy in chasing the birds. I could almost see grins on their squirrely little faces and hear them giggling as they startled the birds.

I'm still plodding along on the herringbone scarf. I love the pattern. The pattern is fairly simple and easily memorized. This is one that is good for working while watching television or having a conversation. It's simple yet looks so gorgeous! I am hoping to finish it up tonight or tomorrow so that it will be done before my Olympic quest begins.

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Your post makes me miss my former life in the country.

Amy

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home