Monday, February 06, 2006

Brrrrr

It's darned cold in SC today. The sky is a lovely gray color, too, and looks as if it could leak something or other at any moment. As long as that something or other is liquid and not solid, I'm OK. I don't want any ice storms.

The birds are keeping the feeders busy. I've had swarms of goldfinches all day. They are so pretty! We have several feeders in the yard, but the birds seem to prefer the two we have out back. There are so many birds singing and chirping outside in the woods. I imagine some of the noise is also squirrels. None of the fuzzy critters are running around the back yard today, so they must be tucked away in their warm nests in the trees.

Did I mention that our yard has been certified by the National Wildlife Foundation as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat? Daughter worked on that certification as part of her science class project last semester.

I believe that a bad photo is better than no photo, so here is a bad photo of the Silk Garden I'm using for my Klaralund:

I love the colors--the turquoise and purple are some of my favorite colors and ones that look good on me.

Here is the spiral rib hat made from Patons wool:

So what do you think? Is this too feminine, or can a man wear this hat?

Finally, here's what I have so far of the herringbone rib scarf from Li's pattern:

It is quite a bit longer than this, but I folded it up for the picture. I've used a skein of Manos so far and have another skein to put with this. The scarf is in serious need of blocking.

I love Manos--love the way it feels, love the colors. What I do not love is the thick and thin quality of it. This is my first time using Manos (frogged this particular skein because it clearly was not wanting to be My So Called Scarf), and I have anywhere from bulky to sport weight all in this one skein. That doesn't particularly bother me except that in a pattern like this one, it seems that the skinny yarn is presenting itself on the front side in the midst of my stitch pattern. I'm not too happy about that, but I will keep going with this scarf and see how it comes out in the wash.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Boy, that Manos is one gorgeous yarn. I don't think the hat is too feminine.

Amy

5:26 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I love that color of Silk Garden. It looks like some I have in my stash. Can't wait to see the Klaralund. Have you given up on Tubey?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

A whole bag of silk garden - fun in your future. My husband says nix on the hat :-(

Don't worry about the Manos, it will still look good. I was surprised on how much difference there was in my skein with the thick and thin. Didn't have that so much in my last Manos.
Li

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home