Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Resistance is Futile

It's all Vera's fault! After all, she's the one who posted about these. Of course, I then had to go search out as much information as I could on them which I found here. And, as they say, the rest is history. My set of needles was ordered last night by my dear enabling husband.

When I started knitting some many moons ago (about 4 years now, I think it is), I was suckered in by Denise interchangeable needles. Putting it mildly, I hate them. They feel cheap and plasticy to me, but go figure. They are cheap (relatively speaking) and they are plastic. Next up as far as interchangeable needles go, I bought Plymouth bamboo. Love, love, love them!!! That was money well spent, and I think we now have 3 sets. I also bought the Boye set using a coupon at Michaels, because I like metal needles. The needles are nice enough, and the joins stay together as long as you connect them using the tools provided in the kit and follow the direction. Still...they are not Addis, and Addis are my favorite. I'm hopeful that the Knitpicks needle set will be more Addi like, because if they are, they may become my favorite interchangeable needle set.

I know this will come as a shock, but I've not knit one stitch in probably 2 weeks. I'm just off my knitting for some reason. I took Picovoli to the beach thinking I'd knit, but no....Well, you saw what became of our relaxing Saturday night in yesterday's post, so are you really surprised?

I've also not scrapbooked in a few days, but I did manage to purchase more scrapbook supplies. We found a neat little shop in HHI that had a small collection of materials--all great quality and nothing like I'm finding at home. We stocked up on some really neat looking beach type paper (some that looks like rippled sand, some that has sand dollars all over it in natural colors, and some that was specially made for HHI). We also found beach stickers. Believe it or not, we've been hard pressed to find beach stickers here at home that were not cartoonish. We live only about 2 1/2 hours from the beach, so I don't get that.

What have I been doing with my time? Besides the usual work and chorse, I've been reading. I finished Eragon last night. If you like fantasy/mythology/magical type books, I recommend this one! It was excellent, I think. I had no idea that it was written by a 15 year old boy! He was 15 at the time he wrote it, and I think he's in his early 20s now. I also didn't know that the book is being made into a movie due out in December!

Our garden is growing well. I have some photos here to post, but I need to get the USB port on the computer working properly before I can do that--maybe tomorrow. I also have a few photos from our weekend trip.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Glad to be of service :-)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man!! Those look so good! If they only had smaller needle sizes in the interchangeables, or 60" cord in the fixed ones, I'd have already ordered some. But maybe they will eventually. Keep us posted on the quality -- they look sharper than Addis, which is a distinct advantage in lace.

12:25 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I think Denise needles are the pits too.

Amy

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch, darlin'. 'Cause I was looking for something else I have to have that I don't have the money for...

Please let us know how you like them!

Lissa (who hasn't posted in so long, she's now almost an ex-blogger...)

6:41 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

My first reaction was to dig for my credit card. Shame on you and Vera! I will be patient and wait to see how you like them. They'll be out of stock by the time I pony up and buy them!

10:02 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Eragon was great. I highly reccommend the follow-up "Eldest" as well. I can send it to you if you want to borrow it. I'm anticipating the 3rd already. The boy writes like it's his job - literally! 9-5 breaking only for lunch. He's talented. He developed that whole different language and word system! Amazing!

I can't wait for you to get your needles in. I really want an honest opinion of them before I go whole hog and order them for myself.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow, they look nice.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I chuckled when I read your post, I gave into them the other day as well. As if I need more needles.
Li

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home