Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stormy Weather

We're getting some storms/clouds/rain from Alberto. The rain started last night and is expected again today. I'm not complaining. We were about to dry up and blow away around here. The grass, trees, etc. look like they are all rejoicing.

We've not pulled out anymore carpet, but we did take a look at the back stairs. They are oak, and look to be in good shape. The landing at the back door is covered in a disgusting linoleum under the carpeting, but I think/hope it is oak, too. Sherry, I don't know why anyone would want wall to wall carpeting, either. I hate it, personally. I don't think you can ever truly get it clean, and it just harbors things that aggravate our allergies. I find a nice wood floor to be much more visually pleasing, too.

There's been no knitting or scrap booking taking place here, unless you count spending money on scrap book supplies! Michaels had a big sale on their paper, and daughter and I stocked up. I went yesterday and bought 34 pairs of decorative cutting scissors. They were on sale 50 cents each with a regular price of $2 each.

We are going to the beach this weekend, and I'm taking Picovoli with me. I really need to finish that thing.

Did I mention that I was the "biggest loser" in our Curves diet class? It ended last week. I lost 12.5 pounds in the "6 week challenge" diet. Yay me! My prize was a set of those absorbent ceramic coasters. They are beige with an embossed sand dollar. I also got a mini coaster to go in the car for my perfect attendance award. Cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Have a good time at the beach. All of this "stuff" should be blown over by then.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

And great going on the weight loss!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home