Monday, August 28, 2006

Mile High

I have returned from my business trip to Denver, the mile high city. I actually didn't see the city unless you count viewing the skyline from the highway. We were tied up in meetings from the time I arrived on Wednesday afternoon until I left on Sunday morning. I was expecting to see mountains in Denver, but in actuality, the city is not mountainous. I saw the mountains on the horizon but was told they are about 45 minutes or so away.

My wildly colored Clapotis was a hit. It also worked very well at keeping me warm on the airplane and in freezing cold meeting rooms. I didn't do any knitting on the trip but cast on and worked part of a mohair hat on the flight home. The hat, unfortunately, needs to be frogged. What a joy frogging mohair is. It can be done with patience. The reason I have to frog is that the hat is big enough around to serve as a steering wheel cover. Thank the goddess that my head is not that big. I'm sure my mother is thankful of that fact, too. ;-)

I'm patiently (yeah, right) waiting for a Knitpicks order to come in. The tracking says the thing logged in at the local post office on Wednesday, August 23. Seems that it should be at my door by now. The package contains some extra Options needle tips and cords, a chart keeper, and some very pretty superwash wool in the color Red Pepper that daughter is going to use to make a hat and scarf for her guy friend for his birthday. I believe I'm actually slated to make the scarf as she's not ready yet to tackle cables. I'm using a reversible cable pattern from our LYS owner. The hat will be completely knitted by daughter (did you hear that, honey?) and she's going to use the Manly Hat pattern. I wonder if the boy friend curse applies to knitted hats and scarves? Hmmm..... I hope not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

I'm waiting for a KP order too, and I ordered that chart keeper as well.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

4 days at the local post office? Hello Mr. Postman, this is a yarn related order, get on the stick!!

10:46 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah, I'd go ahead and call the PO at this point. If it reached your LOCAL PO a week ago, it should definitely be in your hands by now.

And I'm willing to bet, with a little patience, your daughter could do just fine with cables.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I just got a KP order today and it only TOOK 4 days total!! What is with your PO?

I ordered the KP essental tweed-so cushy! I wish I ordered that chart keeper. I forgot about it. Oh well, next time!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home