Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Introducing Dad Who Spins

My husband has entered the blogging world. I must say, he puts me to shame when it comes to his writing, photography, and general fiber artistry! You are going to love his blog!

Finally, here is a photo of the gorgeous woven wrap I bought at the Distaff Day flea market last weekend. The wrap is made with hand dyed yarns. It measures 32 inches wide by 72 inches long not counting the fringe. I swear, I feel like I stole this thing from the lady who made it. She had everything on half off sale, and I only paid her $60 for this.


Here's proof for turtlegirl that my felted slippers really do fit me.

This first shot is with the cuff turned up. I made a longer cuff (pattern gives two options) because my ankles get cold. Here is what the slippers look like with the cuff turned down.

Truth be told, these things could go through another wash cycle and felt down some more. They are still about an inch too long and a bit loose on me. I'm wearing them today because it's chilly and my feet are cold.

My slippers are soft on the soles of my feet, but they are a little scratchy on the tops of my feet. The Lopi I used is not the softest yarn in the world which will hopefully lead to a long life for my slippers. If you are sensitive to wool, then you may not want to use Lopi for these slippers.

I don't yet have a photo of my new drop spindle or the yarn I'm making on it. I have two spinning projects going on right now and no knitting projects...except that skull and cross bones illusion which is on temporary vacation. I'm currently spinning some orange/yellow/pink colored merino tencel on my Golding spindle and some wool/mohair blend in bright blue with just a hint of magenta on my Lendrum folding wheel. I'll attempt photos later in the week. I've got to make you want to keep coming back for some reason! ;-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to stay away from all the tables or I would have been in BIG trouble! The wrap is beautiful.

And I love the slippers.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, Thanks for the introduction and gratuitious plug/promotion of my beginning blog efforts.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

I'm so glad your hubby has a blog. He does great work!

I love the sweaters and the wrap!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I, too, had to stay away from that table. Wow! She had wonderful things, and you did very well. I have begun the locks. And if I had a camera...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Yay! You finished them just in time for this cold snap. They look great!
I am glad to see your DH is up and running!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Oh my goodness, where did you find that man? Hang onto him, creative men are few and far between. That's what attracted me to my husband, he was into artistic ventures,and sports was the last thing on his mind.
Li

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home