Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Life As A Cat

When I die, I want to be reincarnated as a cat. If you wonder why, just take a look at this:

My kitties have had nothing better to do today than lie around and nap in the sun. It sure must be nice. They have the audacity to do this in my office, in plain view of my desk. Oh, I wish I could join them there in that warm, sunny spot!

I wore a hole in my Fuzzy Feet, so I decided to make myself some new slippers. I've not been terribly overjoyed with the Fuzzy Feet pattern, so I tried this one instead. I must say that this is an excellently written pattern and what I would consider a perfect "first sock" for the newbie sock knitter. I've been a fan of Knitting at Knoon for a long time now and find the demonstration videos to be some of the best on the 'net.

I completed these two slippers in just a couple of days. They worked up quickly on size 11 needles using Lopi bulky yarn. The pattern didn't specify that yarn, but I liked it!


Husband wasn't too fond of my using a Diet Coke can as a size reference, so he took this "technical" photo:


Yes, I do still owe you photos of my new woven wrap. I will get to that as soon as I have a little help taking the photo.

Good News! My Golding spindle arrived yesterday. I'll get a photo of that soon, too. I got the Midnight Sky 2 ounce spindle, and it spins wonderfully! I started on some merino/tencel blend last night. I got the fiber in trade, and it is dreamy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

He's thinking like a guy. Every woman I know would know scale in comparison to a can of Diet Coke.
Li

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! New spindle!

Nice Yeti socks too!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pattern link! I knit Fuzzy Feet and wasn't thrilled. I will try these.

Can't wait to see your new spindle.

12:42 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Holy crap those are huge! I want proof that they felt down to fit you properly. Seriously. They're ginormous!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home