Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Stuff You've Been Waiting For

It was pointless waiting for a sunny day to take photos, so I just took them when the time was there! Here are some shots of my latest projects.

I've been spinning off and on this month. Here's some yarn I'm working on now on my Lendrum. The roving is a bright blue wool with a hint of magenta mohair. I'm trying to spin it a bit on the thick side.


This sock is for daughter. I'm using Trekking XXL in color 108. I just love the Trekking yarn. I've got a ball of color 100 in the stash that also belongs to daughter. My LYS had a bunch of it the other day, so I grabbed a ball. The pattern is a mini cable pattern that forms a wave design. I'm using a bent paper clip as a cable needle. The only problem is that the sock was too small for daughter when she tried it on (just got this far on the knitting) and I had to rip it out and start over!


I love the Forest Canopy Shawl pattern and am working on another one. I'm using some very old Koigu sock yarn that I bought on clearance several years ago. I wasn't crazy about the color when I got this, but who can resist Koigu at half price?? I have 3 skeins, so that should be plenty for my shawl.


Finally, here is my needle felting project. I took a class last weekend at our LYS and had the best time. I'd knitted the purse quite a while back using Cascade 220. Here is one side of the purse:

and here is the other side of the purse:

Cute, eh? I really enjoyed this. There is something cathartic about stabbing wool repeatedly with little pointy, sharp needles. It helps to take away the stress of the day in a way that knitting or spinning just can't. I see many more needle felting projects in my future!

What's in the works? I've been fondling some merino/possum yarn that I got from Cherry Tree Hill last year and finally found a project. I'm going to try to make husband a hat. I only have 109 yards of this color (a gorgeous teal) but I found a cute little hat written for one skein of Silk Garden. Silk Garden is only 110 yards, so this should work out OK.

I bought some white lace weight yarn this past weekend with plans to start The Sheep Shawl. I just need to find time to get out to the workshop with husband to use the jumbo swift and ballwinder. I don't think all this yarn will fit on the little Royal winder.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that sheep purse is adorable! And I can definitely see how stabbing something repeatedly with a needle would work out some stress...

6:01 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Great stuff!!! But I most especially love the sheepy purse. That is just too cute ;)

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that Trekking color. Pretty cool pattern, too.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

The sock is really cure. I love Trekking sock yarn.

Great purse!

10:23 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Those sheep are absolutely precious!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great purse! I love the sheep.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home