Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunrise

I'm not a morning person, so the idea of catching a lovely sunrise really doesn't rank among my favorite things to do! However, there is one kind of sunrise that I've been enjoying lately. That is this gorgeous roving from The Sheep Shed at Mountain View Farm in the Sunrise colorway. I got this roving in trade from someone on the Knitty board. I can't remember who. It's a merino/tencel blend, and it is divine! I finished spinning the yarn last night.


My new Golding spindle is heavenly. I'm thinking about ordering another one in a different size. I need to take a look, see what my favorites are, and then narrow it down based on spindle weight.


We stopped in at Hook 'n Needle yesterday to take advantage of the after Christmas/before inventory sale. Everything in the store was at least 25% off. Noro was 40% off, so I bought several skeins of Kureyon for my mitered squares blanket. Jaegar cones were also 40% off, and husband got three cones for knitting and weaving. I also picked up a ball of Trekking XXL for socks for daughter and enough Cascade 220 to make a Wonderful Wallaby for myself. I needed more patterns (well, since they were on sale and all) so grabbed two lace shawl patterns and a felted clog pattern, all by Fibertrends. One of the shawls is the Sheep Shawl, and the other is a sea themed shawl. I cannot remember the name. It has shells and starfish on it. I am looking for The Spinners Shawl but haven't seen a copy of it in any stores yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

How do you like the heavier spindle?

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty in Pink!! Looks like cotton candy! Thanks for the link to The Sheepshed. Visited their site -- very pretty fiber.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Spinster said...

That's the most beautiful spindle I have ever seen.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acorn Street Yarn shop in Seattle, WA [http://www.acornstreet.com] has the FiberTrends Spinner's Lace Shawl that you are looking for. I just bought mine today at the Madrona Fiber Arts Festival in Tacoma, WA. Pattern cost is $4.95 visit their website for ordering information, I am a very satisfied customer.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home