Thursday, February 08, 2007

Low Key Birthday

My birthday was yesterday, and it was rather low key. I spent the day with one of my favorite people in the world--husband. We did some fibery things--picking, drum carding, spinning, and knitting--and that was fun. Well, it was fun until the tip of my left index finger became intimately acquainted with one of the stabby things on the picker. OUCH! I thought I was going to be ill, it hurt so badly. My finger is swollen and bruised today, but it doesn't hurt much. Yes, it was my own fault for sticking my hand where it should not have been.

I bought some mohair locks from an e-bay seller last week, and I must say they are a disappointment. The colors were so pretty, but the fiber is way too short to do anything with. We've blended it 50/50 with some wool with little improvement to the mohair. Oh, well. I didn't waste that much money--about $10.

I have some absolutely delightful mohair locks from a NC vendor that I saw at SAFF two years ago. These locks were pricey, but they are also heavenly. We picked those yesterday, and I think I'm going to run them through the carder tonight.

I promised a photo, and here is one. No, it isn't fiber related. These are tulips that my brother and mom sent to husband to let them know they are thinking about him this week. Aren't they pretty?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Happy birthday Donna! It sounded like a nice day, besides the finger boo-boo.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Happy Belated Birthday, and those tulips are beautiful and a very thoughtful thing for your mother and brother to give your husband.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday!

The tulips are loverly and were a very sweet gesture by your family... I'm sure you and D will enjoy their beauty and lovely-ness.

9:37 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Happy late birthday!!! Sounds like just my kind of day!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home