Monday, May 14, 2007

Bunnies

I had a wonderful, relaxing Mother's Day yesterday. I even managed to squeeze in a very short nap before anyone missed me!! I didn't knit a stitch this weekend. I just wasn't in the mood. I managed to run a second life line in my Forest Canopy Shawl, so I'm ready now to begin another pattern repeat. One life line after each repeat is the new order of business for this shawl.

My new bunny has a name now; meet Isabella.

I can't seem to get a picture of her that isn't fuzzy. Could it be because she is in constant motion?

Phoebe and Isabella met each other yesterday. All was going well until Is decided to jump across Phoebe's back. Have you ever heard a rabbit growl? I have, and it was a little scary! I think Phoebe believed she was being attacked. We'll get the girls together again, but only under close supervision.

Here's a photo of Phoebe. This girl knows how to take life easy and hold still for pictures!


Husband (with Daughter's help) spent a good bit of time Saturday and Sunday constructing a chicken yard. The bigger chicks will move out of the chicken tractor and into the new yard. The little guys that are inside are going to be taking up residence in the tractor. I cannot wait to get the birds out of the sun room! I'm tired of sweeping up feathers and poo! I am sure they'll be happier outdoors, too.

EVENING UPDATE: The chickens have all moved into the yard! Yahoo! Everyone is very happy about this living arrangement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Sounds look you all are working on having a small farm. I enjoy seeing the pictures of the pets.

Good luck with your shawl. I ripped the Alpine Knit out about 2 weeks ago.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I love.. no wait.. I absolutely adore bunnies. Baby bunnies even more than big ones..
Your new member of the family is adorable!!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home