Friday, May 11, 2007

You Gotta Know When to Hold 'Em, Know When to Fold 'Em

Yep. You gotta know when to say enough is enough. Real knitters are not afraid to "rippit." Do you see where this is going? Lace? Forest Canopy Shawl? The project that does not want to be? I ripped out the entire shawl yesterday afternoon and started over. It was beyond repair. I am starting to think that beautiful yarn is cursed! It just does not seem to want to be anything but a center pull ball. I did cast on the shawl yet again and have completed two pattern repeats. The stitch counts are just right. Everything looks good....for now. I'm running a life line after every pattern repeat from here on out.

We had some unpleasant excitement last night. Husband got rear ended. He seems to be OK--some pain in his neck and back which he is going to have checked out. The car looks alright from the outside, but the bumper is pretty messed up underneath. People drive like idiots around here. I'm just thankful this accident wasn't worse.

Finally, a comment on comments. Because of an asshat spammer, I'm turning on comments moderation. I hate to do this, but I'm not going to let a spammer take over my blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Let me be the first to try your comment moderation. I recently frogged an almost complete sweater and it hurts so good,
Li

12:21 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Glad to hear your hubby is ok! It's always scary to be involved in an accident.

I see you changed your blog name. Hee!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I'm so glad he's okay. That happened to me and it took a few months for the neck pain to go away. I'm sending good thoughts his way.

When I knit the Gothic leaf lace stole, lifelines were my friend! Good luck this time around.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Vera said...

I find it best to frog something when it's clearly not working out. I feel much better about it later.

Glad your hubby is okay. Car accidents are so scary.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home