Thursday, May 10, 2007

RIP, Sable

My little hamster, Sable, died yesterday. She had a long and hopefully happy life, and for that I am grateful. Sable was two years old which is old for a hamster. Her cage was here in my home office, and I enjoyed seeing her scampering around during the day. Hamsters are nocturnal, but Sable would always make a mid-morning appearance for a drink of water and a snack. She also scratched around a lot in her sleeping area and sometimes made little grunting noises. Sable was a good hamster, very sweet and loving. She had the cutest little pink toes, a wiggly nose, and soft hair. I will miss Sable. We buried her in a little gold "coffin" in the edge of the woods next to daughter's hamster Sweet Pea. Here's a photo of Sable as a young hammy.


In knitting news. URGH. The lace and I had a little falling out last night. Falling out = dropped stitches = ripping out = URGH. Thank goodness for lifelines, but why didn't I use more of them? I lost half the shawl, but that is better than losing the whole thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Aww. I'm so sorry to hear about Sable. And, it's no fun having to rip back a shawl done in laceweight yarn. (Ask me how I know!)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home