Monday, May 21, 2007

The Difficulty of Matching White

I didn't know how hard it was to match whites until I tried it this weekend. Daughter's 8th grade honors night is coming up, and she has a new dress for the occassion--a strapless sun dress. Daughter's dress has a snow white background with a bright teal print. Even yarns that look snow white sometimes are not! Everything in my stash was "natural" color which equates to cream. I checked the LYS and they did not have anything suitably white, so off to Michaels. I came home with a Wool Ease in white and Lion Brand Cotton Ease that was even brighter white. The Cotton Ease matched the best, so I'm about half way into the Little Silk Shrug from Lace Style. The pattern is so easy! The Cotton Ease is nice to work with, too, and I think it shows off the stitch pattern very well.


I'm still plodding along on the Forest Canopy Shawl in laceweight, but the shrug has taken priority. You know how it is with those deadlines looming!! I need to finish the shrug by next Thursday which should be no problem at all.

We are having little visitors in the yard now that the weather is warm. Here's one little guy who's been sunning himself on our deck. This is a green anole. We've also seen some Eastern Fence Lizards running about.


This gorgeous flower came up on its own in one of the flower pots on our deck. We didn't plant sunflowers, so I'm thinking that maybe a bird dropped this seed. Isn't it pretty?


I'm the proud owner of a new Woolee Winder and bobbins for the Lendrum thanks to Amanda's house cleaning. She wasn't using the WW and decided to liberate it. Thanks, Amanda! We have three Lendrums in the family, so I'm sure this will get lots of use!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Oh I love those little lizards! I wish we had them up here. Your so lucky!

I hope you love your WW!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

OK, you're the second person in as many days to rave about the amazing quality of Cotton Ease. The stitch definition on that lace really is incredible -- looks like I'll be taking a peek at some Cotton Ease!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Those little lizards ARE adorable. Ben would love living there I'm sure...

Cotton Ease has become a new favorite of mine, too. So easy to work with, so versatile!

Beautiful job, Donna!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Great lace pattern. I can't wait to see the finished project.

We are constantly saving the lizards that get in the house and the screened porch. I have one poor guy who has been in the porch for days. He won't let me help him.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the shrug's stitch pattern.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home