Wednesday, August 01, 2007

AWOL Blogger

I really didn't mean to be away so long. Life has been busy! What with work, playing cab driver to a teenager, and trying to slip in as many trips to the beach as possible, there hasn't been much time for anything else.

The MS3 is coming along nicely. I'm eagerly waiting for Clue 5 which comes out this week. The stole is just gorgeous so far, and that's due to a well-written pattern, not my genious lace knitting skills!

I finished up Clue 4 last week, so of course I had to have something else interesting to knit. I cast on a Diamond Fantasy Shawl in KP Shimmer and am continuing to work on lacy scarf in Handmaiden Sea Silk. Both of these are turning out great. Maybe I can manage some progress photos before too long.

It is way too quiet in the house today due to the fact that there is no teenage girl here. She headed out at the ungodly hour of 6 AM this morning for cheerleading camp. Yes, daughter dearest will be a varsity cheerleader this school year. She's terribly excited, and of course, I'm excited for her. She's not an athlete but has tried a couple of sports in middle school, not into the politics of student council... She is an artistic type, one of those kids who walks about a foot off the ground, has a song in her head all the time, and is generally happy all the time. I think my baby has found the "mothership" in cheerleading--these girls are her kindred spirits.

School starts in two weeks. That is just too soon as far as I'm concerned. It's been so nice having daughter home with me during the days. Time is just racing by until the day she graduates high school, goes off to college, and slips into adulthood. It seems like only yesterday she was my tiny baby girl, and now, she's quite the young woman.

OK, I'm getting weepy, so let's end this post on a positive note. I'm stalking the mail box! Why? Well, I have this amazingly beautiful shawl kit on order. I chose the golden color yarn because it reminds me of honey. My dad kept bees, and husband has a hive, too. This shawl will remind me of two of the most important men who've been in my life.

I got a "bonus" of sorts at work recently, so I decided to treat myself to this. I justified this purchase by reminding myself that I have a $50 yarn shop gift certificate to spend, and my stash is getting large anyway. I've had a major case of lust for this bag since I saw it. Mine will be in cranberry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hockey Mom said...

We missed you at PHG last weekend. And, we've missed you in general. I'm still in the middle of clue #1, I'm such a slacker, but I agree, it is a beautiful pattern.

Can't wait to see the yarn you have for the bees shawl. I have the pattern, but no yarn yet.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Waa, why did I click on that shawl link? Gorgeous!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Lou Schiela said...

I know what you mean about the kids growing fast. I was recently thinking the same thoughts about my kids. Time sure flies when you're having fun!

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home