Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Swatches

Huh. The no swatching thing has bitten me in the butt. My 'mater has become two balls of hot pink yarn once again, because I was too cocky to a. swatch or b. at least check the gauge of the knitting in progress until late in the game. The gauge is supposed to be 18 stitches to 4 inches on a US 7, and I consistently achieved 16 stitches to 4 inches. At least I was consistent, and I managed not to cry while I ripped out two days of knitting. Oh well. The yarn was expensive, and I want this thing to be gorgeous and fit well, ya know?? I'll spare you a "progress" photo of my two balls of yarn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, you tempted the knitting gods. I'm so sorry.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

hmm, that was me, no idea who 'egg' is...

12:03 AM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Yes, the knitting gods must not be messed with. Of course, I'm considering doing the same thing with a tank top I want to cast on.

Thanks for your comment on the shawl - a definite labor of love. Next, I'm going to work on the Forest Canopy shawl. Wish me luck!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, foo. But you'll appreciate it more, right? ;-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home