Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pretty Is As Pretty Does

Let us start with the pretties....

I've had a couple of good mail days this week. First, I give you the most awesome interchangeable needle case in the world! This was designed and made by Zonda. Isn't the fabric happy?? Inside are little slots for all my needle tips and for the cables. There's a pocket to store notions like the end caps and tightening screws for the needles. This fits into my knitting bag wonderfully when folded.




Second, I swapped away my Denise needle kit and got this wonderful yarn instead. The one on the left we have a ball of Handmaiden Sea Silk in Lily Pond, and on the right is some lace weight wool (not sure of the brand) in the color Velvet Grapes. I think I'm in love.


My Tomato sweater is coming along nicely. I am so in love with the pattern and with the Blue Sky cotton yarn. I've never really done any color work before, and it was easier than I anticipated. The top photo shows progress to date. The colors are rather true on that photo but not on the detail photos. I'm planning to make the sleeves a bit longer than the pattern calls for--just above the elbow length.






Oh, other great news this week is that I got my Ravelry invite!! I'd been sort of hanging out and ignoring the whole thing after signing up, but it's exciting to be in. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Now, I need to get to work and get a photo for my profile, post pictures of FOs and stash, etc. etc. If you are still waiting, it took me about a month to get my invitation, and YES, it is worth the wait.

Now for the not so pretty...

Daughter and I started aerobics classes this week, and my body is screaming! I hurt in places I'd forgotten I had. That's not pretty. Hopefully the effort will pay off in prettier, healthier bodies for both of us!

4 Comments:

Blogger clothesknit said...

that velvet grapes colorway is divine! i'm officially green with envy ;o)

4:32 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Sniff, sniff... I wish I had my Ravelry invite. (Okay, so I am feeling a little whiny these days).

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great design on the needle case. I like that it holds DPN's, circs, AND notions. Also, love the fabric print!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

That needlecase is sooooo very pretty!

One of these days, I'll get my Ravelry invite.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home