Monday, July 09, 2007

Life's a Beach

We enjoyed a nice long weekend at HHI. Surprisingly, it was rather quiet. I'd expected more of a crowd because of the holiday. My brother had been at the beach earlier in the week (before the 4th) and his experience was just about opposite ours--lots of people and noise!

We had a great time walking on the beach and lounging by the pool. Life doesn't get any better than that. I managed a little S-E-X on the Beach. We visited two LYSes--Needlepoint Junction which is in the Wexford shopping area and The Courtyard which I think is off Palmetto Bay Road.

I found this awesome Colinette Jitterbug (color Mardi Gras) at Needlepoint Junction. I've never seen this yarn in person before, but I could not resist the colors. The shop had several other colors, too, but this one was my favorite.


The Courtyard was having a Fourth of July sale, and I snagged this Sockotta for 30% off.

I also found the Fall and Holiday 2006 issues of Vogue Knitting for $2 each and got copies. The Fall issue has a load of sock patterns in it. Although they were not on sale, I picked up two pair of Colonial Rosewood Needles (sizes 4 and 5) to add to my collection. I love those needles and am slowly building a collection.

It would have been nice to go to Savannah to visit Wild Fibre and our friend Jennifer, but the desire to be by the pool was stronger this weekend. We had an incredible case of the Lazies!!

I took several knitting projects with me to the beach and ended up doing not much of anything. I managed 2 pattern repeats of the Storm Water Scarf in Handmaiden Seasilk, and that was an effort! (See earlier comment about "Lazies." I'd toyed with the idea of taking along a printer and laptop so that I could print out the second Clue for MS3. Didn't happen. We had a laptop, looked at the chart and said "Oh that's pretty" but I didn't actually print and start the chart until last night.

Coming later this week: beach pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

The Colinette is beautiful! I've been to Wild Fibre before, and enjoyed my visit there.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful colorway! Sounds like a nice weekend! :)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home