Monday, June 18, 2007

Finally--Knitting Content with Photos

I've been knitting! Whoo!! Several months ago, I bought one skein of hot pink Blue Sky Alpaca cotton. It has been sitting in the stash gathering dust with no hope of a project on the horizon. I decided to buy the remaining skeins of this color from my LYS (same dye lot) so that I'd have enough for a project. The gals at Knitty came through in helping me find the perfect pattern--Tomato from No Sheep for You. I started the pattern on Friday, and as of last night, here I am:

I don't care for progress photos. They usually look rather messy. At least you can get an idea of the color from this shot. It's pretty true to life. I'm going to use white for the herringbone band on my Tomato. Turtlegirl has a photo of her gorgeous Tomato here.

I had to buy more beads for my MS3 project, and the bead store just happens to be next door to where the old LYS in town moved a couple of years ago. I must admit that I've avoided going to the old LYS since their relocation because they weren't fabulous in their former location. Wow. What a difference a move and a couple of years makes. I was very impressed with the new space and the much improved stock. I snagged a ball of Tofutsies sock yarn. They had a bunch of other neat looking cotton yarn, my favorite Crystal Palace circulars, and other things I'll need to go back and check out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home