Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Squirrels

For many weeks now, I've noticed that we have a squirrel who likes to lie down. At least I thought it was just one squirrel. Within the past several days, we've noticed that there are numerous lounging squirrels. This morning, I had as many as three loungers at a time. Figuring no one would believe me, I captured photos of lounging squirrels to present to you here as proof that I'm not nuts!




He looks like he's crawling, but he's lying down.




This guy grabbed a bite to eat from the bird feeder, jumped down, ran over to the picnic table and decided to have a little lie down.

7 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

while i do believe that you have lounging squirrels, it's gonna take more than that to convince me you're not nuts!!

your friend,
lisa

3:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's ADORABLE! i've never seen squirrels lounge before... but i HAVE seen them playing on the slide/climbing equipment in my neighbours' yard!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

now if the little buggers would just stop eating my sunflowers off.

5:39 PM  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

That's so cute!

I love squirrels!

Great capture - thanks for sharing :)

9:25 AM  
Blogger bev said...

hey, donna! i love the squirrel pics. we used to have a pet squirrel, joey, that my mom rescued as a baby squirrel. he would spread out on the hardwood floors like that...cooling his belly i guess.

i'm in north augusta, sc...right on the sc/ga border. are you close by or more upstate?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Our squirrels know better than to lie down in our yard. Ms. Grace would be on them in a flash. She hates squirrels. So does my husband, saying they are no more than rats with fuzzy tails. They are however, safe around me. Cute photos.
Li

4:38 AM  
Blogger Lou Schiela said...

Cute sqirrels. That is strange behavior although someone's suggestion that they are trying to cool themselves seems to make sense.

Your knitting is beautiful. I'll be watching your progress on MS3. It's lovely.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home