Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Weekend Gone

Why is it that weekends seem to go by so fast? Just when you're getting used to relaxing, boom....there's Monday. I am all for 5 day weekends and 2 day work weeks. Of course, we'd still get paid the same. Who's with me?

I've been wanting a small, comfortable chair for my office. I work from home and am frequently having to be on long conference calls, reviewing paperwork, etc. We went by the Salvation Army thrift store on Saturday, and I found the perfect little chair at a great price--$25. It's in good shape, too, but it needs to be cleaned. Here's my comfy corner in my office.


I finished the front of my Klaralund last night. I ended up re-starting it on Saturday, because the size was too small. I'd rather have it a little large than too tight. The piece worked up quickly, so hopefully the back and sleeves will as well. I dread the sewing up, but oh well.

My blocking wires finally came, and I'm pleased with them. The only down side to this transaction was that it took nearly a month to get the set; the only option is to mail in an order with check or money order, and the seller was not communicative about whether the order had been received or sent. I think, at the very least, an e-mail saying the item was shipped would have been nice.

Husband was sweet enough to block my Swan Lake (aka MS 3) stole yesterday afternoon. It took an hour and a half with the wires, and I imagine just pinning would have taken even longer. I tried to get photos of the stole blocking, but the white yarn just blends right into the pale blue blocking board. I will say that the asymetrical version of the stole is IMO much more attractive than the symertrical stoles I've seen on line. The wing is easily the most beautiful part of the stole.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

I wish my husband would block shawls. I don't mind seeming, but gourds do I HATE blocking lace.

2:34 PM  
Blogger bev said...

i'm all for the 5 day weekend-2 day work week! i hope you're going to get to go to stitch night tuesday, 9/18.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home