Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One More Thing to Spend Money On...

Have you seen these? I love my Options so much, but sometimes they can be a little slippery. When I spotted these new wooden needle tips, I had to order them. The colors are so fun! I know some people on line are complaining that the colors are too busy, but I just love them myself. I opted for free shipping on this order, so it could be a couple of weeks before the needles are here. A review will be posted once I get to try these tips.

Work took me away from home Thursday through Sunday for a meeting. I really don't like having to be away from my family over a weekend, but it's not a common thing. The benefit of not having to go to an office but being able to work from home the majority of the time is definitely worth the occassional inconveniences of traveling. It was nice to see friends, stay in a hotel, not have to clean up after myself, and not have to cook.

I also managed a little knitting time during the trip. I finished a Point Lobos Hat using the pattern from What If Knits. I used Noro Silk Garden. The hat worked up in just a few hours, and it looks great. Once I find where it went (somewhere in daughter's room), I'll post a photo.

I am also working on a chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in Plymouth Yarns Ms. Jones. I tried several patterns for this yarn including Dream Swatch. Dream Swatch is an awesome pattern, but this particular yarn wasn't suited for it at all. I think it's too slippery, because the elongated stitches looked really bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Those needles are pretty hot, and are on my "To Buy list.

9:12 PM  
Blogger bev said...

thanks for letting me know about the yarn stores in the columbia area. i actually went over to the hook & needle, but there were signs saying they didn't open til 11. that's how i wound up back at starbucks. i had to pick janelle up around 12-ish and didn't want to take the chance of getting caught in saturday mid-day traffic.

i like those new needles you ordered. maybe they'll be here in time for you to bring them to stitch night on the 18th.

btw-do you know anything about a snb in columbia? i might go check them out if they meet at a good time and place.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

Oooh, that hat looks interesting, can't wait to see the pics!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I'd love to trade all my metal ones in for the silver ones. I find the metal ones get too flashy when knitting in the sunshine.
Li

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home