Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Meeting Myself Coming and Going

I feel as if I'm meeting myself coming and going these days. Life seems like a whirlwind. Daughter is heading out on a retreat later this week, so maybe I can slow down a bit. I really don't like to post without pictures, but that's just the way it is these days. Sorry about that.

We spent the weekend at school for a soccer tournament. It was fun but tiring in particular because of the heat. We've had triple digit temperatures here for at least the past couple of weeks. It seems like forever. Fall can't get here soon enough for me.

I'm plugging along on the last clue of MS3. I've ordered this set of blocking wires and hope that shipping won't take too long. Unfortunately, the order has to be mailed with a check or money order, so that adds more time to the process. This looked to me like a great deal on the wire set, though, so I will try to be patient.

If you've not seen a MS3 completed, you must take a look at Turtlegirl's modeled photo of her stole. Gorgeous, huh? I love the asymmetry of the stole. That aspect just adds something special to this pattern. I've seen some photos of the stole worked symmetrically, and frankly, it looks dull to me. I'm about as OCD as they come--things must be precise, symmetrical, exact--but I forced myself to relax a bit with this stole and knit it as written. It certainly isn't disappointing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Let me know how you like the wires. I am in the market for some.

I hope you get a chance to catch your breath soon!

8:14 PM  
Blogger bev said...

hey, donna!
next stitch nite is september 18th. i hope you'll be able to make it. thanks for checking in on me from time to time! i'm on the upswing from the gallbladder surgery!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home