Thursday, September 20, 2007

Potpourri

I have a whole lot of stuff to talk about today, very little of it related. First off, let me show you my really cool new bag.

Isn't this great? I swapped yarn for this with someone from the Knitty board. The bag was too big for her, but it's just right for me. I think we both are pleased with our swap. Husband compares daughter and me to hermit crabs when it comes to bags. He says we move in and out of new bags the way hermit crabs move in and out of new shells. And that's a problem? I don't think so!

My bag is sitting on another of my addictions, this one a new addiction--the lace patterns of Herbert Niebling. I was able to find one pattern attributed to him as an on line freebie. I believe all of his work is now out of print, but you can occassionaly find magazines containing some of his patterns (many in German) at thrift stores, I'm told. I've also come across some books with interpretations of his work in English on the Lacis website thanks to husband's searching skills. These books are Knitted Lace Designs of the Modern Mode books 1 and 2. They are by Kazuko Ichida. The books are quite pricey, but I feel like they are going to need to join our library before too long.

I am plugging away on my Klaralund and have managed to finish the front and the back. I will start the sleeves tonight. I was going to start them during a doctor's appointment this morning, but I wasn't awake enough for that. I'm not a morning person, and early appointments are tough.

Remember my new Salvation Army Store chair? Well, the kitties love it. I have to fight them out of it. Take a look.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Cool bag.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yeah!! You better wear your bag to SAFF now!! I love mine! Hehe..um..too bad you have to fight for your chair though!! ;)

4:30 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hee! Hermit crabs. I love it! Cool bag!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haiku bags are so cool... I almost got one instead of my JuJuBe... well not instead of... in addition too ;) Bag-a-holic-extraordinaire here surprisingly since I'm rarely seen with a bag on me.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home