Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Topic

As you can tell by the title of this post, I'm feeling particularly creative today. ha ha!

Here's a progress photo of Klaralund. This is either the front or the back; they are both knitted exactly the same. I started the other piece last night and hope to finish it up within the next few days.

The colors in this photo are more blue on my monitor than they are in real life. I'm not stressing over matching the stripes. Silk Garden is what it is, and the color variations are a big part of why it's such a gorgeous yarn. I keep caressing my knitting, because this is turning out so soft. I know it will be even softer after washing.

This is the second month in a row that I'm not going to be able to go to knit night. Sorry, bev. There's a soccer game this evening, and I have to do kid pick up. We're just going to have to get together at Starbucks or something.

My KP Harmony needle tips have left the dreaded sortation center and should be delivered by September 22. Yay! I can't wait to try them out. I hear the colors are not as vibrant on these needles as the KP website shows them. That's fine by me. I wasn't as put off by the bright colors as some folks seemed to be, but the more subdued photos I've seen on blogs are equally nice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Isn't Silk Garden wonderful. It will also relax and stretch. The color you chose is so pretty.

10:01 PM  
Blogger bev said...

does your daughter play on one of the local club teams? janelle played on u-18 with aiken soccer club last year. i don't think they could get a coach this year for u-18. several of the girls are playing with lower lexington.

there were 9 of us who showed up this time. i wound up being late b/c i got held up at work. a couple of us were talking about taking a trip to columbia one weekend. we thought about making it round to the yarn stores up there. mrs. barbara said the lady at hook and needle has an awesome collection of yarns, which i think you mentioned as well. i will be in columbia next month with my daughter so i'm going to make a point of going over and checking it out. and i'll look for the one at 5 points too.

i'm game for meeting at starbucks or one of the bookstores. we're going to visit erskine next weekend and then presbyterian at the end of october. yikes! my daughter is getting ready for college! :)

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home