Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All The Cool Kids Are Doing It

All the cool kids are doing it, "it" being Weight Watchers. Beverly is my only blogging friend who I'm aware is on WW, but I also have two good friends at work who are doing WW. I started today. I'm going it on my own without meetings. The closest meeting is probably 20 minutes away, and I just can't see myself being faithful in meeting attendance. I'm not a "joiner" anyway. So far today, I've done pretty well and still have about 7 points to eat before I reach my daily limit. That's pretty good. The Curves diet last year made me more aware of food, and that's helping me make choices with WW. However, the Curves diet was very restrictive. I didn't learn how to eat because it was very regimented. WW seems more like a lifestyle change, and that's what I'm looking for. Wish me luck.

I hope knitting content and photos will return to the blog this week. I'm not feeling well, so no promises! The Naughty/Nice scarf is still in progress, but I'm heading into the home stretch of the second chart for the second half of the scarf. Just one more chart to go after that. I really wish this was finished and around my brother's neck given the cold snap we're having. Oh well....in good time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

That is great!! WW has a wonderful plan, and you should do really well with it.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yay! Kris and I started it at the beginning of October, and I'm down just over 18 pounds (after being a bit lazy over the holidays). It really does help you re-program how you think about food and portion sizes. It's a lot easier than I expected it to be.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

I was just thinking of starting this yesterday as I went to hunt down my old yoga teacher. (turns out she's retired and sold her studio to a bunch of 'weirdos'. So I have to find a new place.) I drove by the local WW and thought, 'gee I could use some applied discipline to help me out.' So I'm starting today because I want to be a cool kid too in my skinny jeans. :-)

10:02 AM  
Blogger bev said...

lol...i've never been called the cool kid before. i'm always the goober. good luck with the weight watchers. it sounds like you've got the right mindset already and a good foundation to build on.

i hope you're feeling better soon. you know they are predicting sleet/freezing rain for us. janelle just reported a little bit of flurry action on her way home from the riverview.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Good luck to you! I've been trying (some) and now I'm taking yoga. You've got to start somewhere!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home