Tuesday, January 08, 2008

SAFF Project: Complete

We were presented a challenge at Ravelry--knit something with your SAFF 2007 purchase. I took it a step further and spun then knitted something with one of my SAFF purchases. The "Black Watch" fiber made a lovely yarn, and I wanted to make a little something for myself with it. There wasn't much yardage (no, I didn't measure the yardage), so a scarf seemed like a suitable option--I don't wear hats, so those were out! Yarn Harlot has a nice, simple One Row Handspun Scarf pattern, and I decided to give it a try. The pattern worked well with this heavy worsted weight yarn.

My scarf is about 6 1/2 inches wide and 56 inches long. It is so snuggly! Unfortunately, just as I finished this thing up, the weather took a turn for the 70s! No need for a scarf just now, but I hope there will be some cold days to come before spring.

2 Comments:

Blogger bev said...

i love the scarf! it looks so warm and snuggly. i wish we'd have some colder weather so i could wear my matching scarf, mittens and hat.

janelle is still knitting away on her scarf. she hasn't been able to work on it as much as she'd like. the wooden needles donald gave her really made the difference. she's ready to join another ball of yarn to finish up the scarf. she's decided to give it her aunt suzy. i know my sis will love it because janelle made it.

we need to get together for another knitting afternoon. we really had a great time hanging out with y'all!! :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

Nice scarf. I knitted a Koohaas hat with some Cascade 220 that I got from Purls in Asheville while at SAAF, but I'm not sure if it qulifies for an actual SAAF purchase.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home