Thursday, January 10, 2008

Natural Stash Enhancement

*happy whistling tune filters through the air a la "Smiling Bob"*

I enhanced my stash this past weekend at Hook 'n Needles semi-annual "everything in the store is on sale" sale.

I simply could not resist the Fiesta Yarns La Luz--especially since it was 35% off. This is 100% spun mulberry silk and it is to die for! The color is called Vintage Rose, and I have 660 yards of this yummy stuff. I think it may become the Fibertrends Spinner's Shawl.


Daughter had been wanting black fingerless mitts, and we finally found black yarn that was as soft as she wanted and appropriate for the pattern she wanted. This is Louisa Harding Grace Silk and Wool and it's 50% merino wool 50% silk. It is heavenly and will make a lovely pair of Fetching.


My other acquisitions were patterns. I picked up Fibertrends new Angel Lace Shawl and Knitting Pure and Simple V Neck Down Cardigan for Women #994.

I'd started the Central Park Hoodie for daughter, but there were a few too many complaints for my liking posted to Ravelry about mistakes in the pattern. I decided instead to go with Bonne Maries' pattern Twist. You just can't go wrong with one of her patterns! I am hoping to cast on for this sweater over the weekend. I need to make significantly more progress on the Naughty/Nice scarf first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home