Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Checking In

I'm feeling particularly annoyed today--this week in fact. I think it's due to exhaustion. The more hectic schedule daughter has, the more exhausted I become. (Cheerleading and drama suck away time in a big way!) Almost 43 year olds have a hard time keeping up with almost 15 year olds. *sigh* It's hell getting "old."

The only knitting I've been up to lately is wash cloths. I finished off a Hello Kitty wash cloth earlier in the week but need to block it a tiny bit. Hello Kitty's little cheeks aren't showing as well as they could, so I dare not photograph her yet. I'm currently making a spiraling circular cloth and praying that I have enough yarn (maybe half a ball?). I love the pattern--short rows which are tons of fun. Wash cloths are a nice diversion while I figure out the next big project.

We are fast approaching Family Birthday Week here. I start things off next Thursday, then husband and daughter pick it up within a few days. In less than 7 days time, all three of us have our birthday. No, we did not plan it that way. Husband has gotten his b-day present, and it was delivered yesterday. It's very big and something he's wanted almost his entire life. I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow. My gift arrived today, but I am not going to open the box until next week. I know what it is (helped pick it out) but still...it needs to wait.

Now daughter....what do you give the kid who has everything?? The BIG deal for her this year is that she can take the exam for her driver's permit. Winter break starts the day after her birthday, so I've taken off a couple of days so that I'm available to take her out driving. We're also planning a birthday party for her--just a few friends, both boys and girls. That should be fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Early Happy Birthday to all of you. Can't wait to see the goodies.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Just take care of yourself and don't overdo it any more than you have to!

Today is my youngest's birthday, yesterday was my dad's, last Saturday was my hubby and my MIL's birthday, earlier was my SIL's and my nieces!

Happy Birthday to you all!

12:27 PM  
Blogger bev said...

happy early birthday to all 3 of you!!! celebrate big! :)

janelle said to tell y'all "hey!"

10:38 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I used to reward myself after my weekly weigh-in with a fried Chick-Fil-A. Why not? A fried one is the same number of points as a grilled one. Figure that one out?
Anyhow, it never messed up my weight loss. So enjoy!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home