Friday, April 04, 2008

Spring Break?

Ah....I've been waiting for this for a while now, but it's not turning out quite like I'd thought it would. "It" is Spring Break. Daughter is off all next week and the following Monday, and we'd thought we'd go to the beach for the entire break. That was before there was a boyfriend! Now, all bets are off. Give me one good reason I'd want to spend 12 days in a 600 square foot condo with a moping teenage girl who misses her boyfriend? Also, I checked the weather for HHI, and there are going to be thunderstorms until Wednesday. UGH. I love the beach in all kinds of weather, but I'm thinking we'll postpone this trip until perhaps a little later next week.

So, I'm going to change my vacation request at work and concentrate on getting a few things done around the house. There is one project in particular that I'd like to finish--daughter's bathroom. She has a mold situation going on that is going to require heavy duty bleaching, stripping of the wall paper, paint, and probable cursing and praying on top of that. We bought some new lighting for her bedroom a while back, so I'm hoping that can be installed this coming week, too. We shall see.

I haven't said much about the high school musical daughter was in. It was AMAZING. It really is a thrill to see everything come together in the end and know that all the hard work the director, choreographer, lighting and technical people, the cast, and all the parents put into this paid off in the end. I wish I had time to be more involved, but I try to do my part where I can. The drama kids are great, and I really enjoy being with them. Maybe next year my schedule will allow me some more time to volunteer. There's a DVD coming out for the show, and one of the moms (who is an outstanding photographer) left three disks full of pictures at a local shop so that anyone who wants can go in and buy reprints or have the photos printed into an album. I will probably get an album as a momento for daughter.

That's about it......I'll try to get some more photos taken and posted to the blog. The weather hasn't been very cooperative. Someone asked if the new camera meant more pictures posted, and I'm hoping that's the case. Don't count on them being knitting photos, though. I'm kind of missing my knitter's mojo at the moment and haven't been inspired to even pick up needles for at least a week or maybe more.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Aww. I am sorry about the collapse of the Spring Break plans, but you are right... we are supposed to be having lousy weather down this way.
I hope this boyfriend is worth the forfeit of plans.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Knit Witch said...

Oh yeah, that sounds like it would be miserable!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger dogquilter said...

Mopey teenage girl would definitely put a cramp in the family fun. Sorry you had to change your plans but you will probably be much happier for having done so. I totally understand the hard work and cursing but you will be thrilled when you are finished. Good luck!!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boyfriend was worth it! :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger bev said...

too bad about the beach...i know how much you love it...i'm planning a trip to my sister's house in myrtle beach later this month...

sorry i missed your post about meeting up at starbucks...i haven't been online very much over the past month or so as you can tell by my lack of comments and posting on my blog...lol...let's try to get together soon though...i really enjoyed hanging out with y'all...

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home