Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm a Survivor

We held daughter's b-day party last night. About half the kids we'd invited weren't able to come (it's winter break at their school, and a lot of them had out of town plans), but the ones who were here were among her closest friends. That made it really special. It was nice having the kids here.

Today, daughter took me for a drive and we ended up at Starbucks. She bought me a coffee, and we sat for a while and looked at some new magazines we'd gotten this morning and chatted. I feel sure this is one of those "life time" memories and hopefully the first of many of these kinds of outings.

Daughter's driving skills are getting better. She's getting more confident with each passing mile. :-) She's not bad at all for someone who has only driven for 4 days now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knit Witch said...

Oh my gosh.......you are so brave!!

Coffee time with the DD sounds GREAT!!!

Mine called me today to ask if he could "crash" at our house next Saturday night. I love that! Should be fun.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

My 17 yr old boy is license-less to date. I'm fine with that as his brain is so scattered I don't think he'd be the best driver. My girls, on the other hand, were fine at that age.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home